Monday, July 18, 2011

Kuro Neko Con 2011~ Day 1. Driving Day, Getting into the Hotel, etc...



I am intimidated as Hell to even write this blog entry, and more then likely because I'm planning on going to school pretty soon, I'm going to have to break this up and come back to finish writing it later....

So lets just start out writing about Day 1, the 15th, when I left!

July 15th, Driving Day...


I didn't get any pictures, really on this day but I did take a lot of videos. Reason being is that I didn't have the SD card for the camera until that evening.

The drive up there was pretty boring, being alone and all. I spent most of it driving until my throat hurt. I ended up listening to those songs that I downloaded by the Zombies like 4 times each. Also listened to Tech N9ne, my J-pop list, Dr. Dre, and some Metallica. Pretty interesting mix. Most of all I listened to Tool for a really big stretch of the trip. I left around 1:30 PM, having to swing back home to pick up my sleeping bag. Yes, I could of had a bed in the hotel room, but I would of had to share it with Eddie, so I prefered to sleep on the floor. It's nothing against Eddie or anything, but I have a pretty strict rule about sleeping with men unless I'm dating them. It makes me really uncomfortable.

I got to about Cheney at 4:30 pm when I got a call from Samantha saying that they were AT the hotel. I drove pretty slow, trying to conserve gas, but once I hit right out of Spokane there was a traffic jam a few miles long which slowed things WAY down.

The scary hotel situation...

 I actually got to the hotel at 5:30 pm. When I called Samantha, they were parked on the side of the building. I told them I was gonna go check in. When I went up to the front desk, the woman told us we had made reservations for the 15TH OF AUGUST, not July! I was freaked!! I didn't know if it was my mistake, or their mistake, but regardless I was pissed and immediately in a bad situation. I met up with my group and called some other hotels in the area using their phone book. The hotel lady tried to recommend some stupid 800 number to call other hotels, but I'm like, yeaah like I want to deal with some stupid phone service that will probably try to sell me shit and put me on hold. Noo way. We sat in the lobby while I called hotels. The first one was full, and the second (a Hampton) was $150 a night. Hell no, can't afford that shit. I called Dave, practically crying, cursing up a storm, and telling him he and his girlfriend couldn't come to the hotel because now we didn't HAVE one.

My group seemed pretty annoyed but I finally got ahold of the other Quality Inn, which Eddie said was "the Lesser Quality Inn." Yeah, the hotel we were in was nice, but they were full and we had to find something else. I was annoyed with this statement because I was obviously trying to make the best of the situation we were in and I was even offering to pay the extra money that this new hotel was going to cost.

The new hotel was totally decent. I mean, yeah the other one was slightly nicer but it's a hotel and the way that I look at it, middle class family drawing hotel rooms are all the same. They have clean beds, free soap, a coffee maker, a microwave, some old N-64 controller, movies on demand, free breakfast, etc. They even had an indoor pool and hot tub. The other hotel had an OUTDOOR pool, so I thought this one was better because it had a nice warm indoor one. Nobody complained about the hotel when we got there, everyone seemed to like it, especially in comparison to last year's catastrophe of grossness.

When we got to the room we began unpacking. It was me, Samantha, Shawn and Eddie. Everyone hung up their costumes but mine wouldn't stay on the hangers so I had to put it on a chair. Samantha bought ALL new makeup for the trip, even foundation and everything. I imagined that must of been somewhat expensive, so I offered my makeup if she needed any (her skin is actually slightly lighter than mine). I set the ramen out, telling everyone that the only thing that they can't eat was a couple ramen bowls that I bought. I don't think I should of said that because then people didn't eat hardly anything I brought. We ended up eating out a lot more than I thought we would though. Oh well, I brought the ramen home and let Samantha have the shrimp chips for the ride home. I don't really like those too much.


The humiliating money situation...

After paying for the expensive hotel, I needed to check my balance. This was awful because I called the Sterlings in Wal mart and the dumb bitch told me I had $17 in my account! Needless to say, I almost started crying because I thought I would have $200 after paying for the hotel (everyone paid the full amount, with the small exception of $26). I called my dad, who told me to withdraw $200 cash from the ATM and then it will go into the credit line. Though this was a nice offer because basically this dings my dad ANOTHER $200 for that trip, I refused to settle for the fact that $200 was suddenly GONE from my savings! I called a guy from the Sterling's company using the website to get assistance. HE told me that even without the deposits into the ATM that were still processing, I had $107 in my account and by the next day I would have $240. This process took about 20 minutes, and a lot of cursing.

I was so happy when I fixed all of this, and called my dad to tell him I wasn't going to need to cut into the credit line. I was happy that we were going to be able to go out to eat and celebrate being in Spokane finally. I apologized to everyone in my group that had to deal with me being freaked out and laying F bombs constantly while trying to figure out my money situation.

Golden Corral

We went to Shawn's favorite restaurant, Golden Corral. It's one of my favorites too, we all really liked the place last year. It's a really good price, only like $14 and there's a HUGE buffet of all sorts of delicious stuff. Okay, this is TMI, but for a certain *reason* I was bloated with water weight, and didn't feel like making matters worse by eating a bunch of heavy food, so I filled up on vegetables first. I made a fresh green salad with fat free ranch, and it was very delicious. Everyone else got right into the main course with steaks, taco salads, and I think Samantha got some Mongolian chicken and rice (Samantha makes any restaurant Asian, haha). I felt sort of lame because I got all healthy stuff and I didn't want them to think I was trying to show off or anything, I just always get a salad before my meal at a buffet. Eddie got all mexican food, Shawn got all meat, Samantha got Asian, and I got all healthy food.

On my second course I was already sort of full, so I got cooked brussel sprouts (don't let that fool ya, they had a lot of butter...), cooked carrots (same), a small piece of fried fish, about a handful of steak fries, and a big pile of mashed taters and gravy (yep, had fries AND mashed potatos hahaha). It was really, really good. Samantha just ate from the small section of Asian food there, which I thought was pretty cute. I really wasn't in the mood for Asian food at all this last weekend.

For dessert I had to really bite my tounge because it was so easy to slip. I was hoping they'd have a lot of diabetic options like Old Country Buffet because a lot of old people tend to go to buffets, but they didn't. I noticed Golden Corral doesn't draw that many old people. I ended up getting a very small soft serve ice cream cone (only about a half cup of ice cream) and a couple sugar free chocolate cookies. I tried to eat a lot of strawberries with it to keep myself from avoiding more sweets. I was pretty jealous of Shawn's crazy chocolate sundae, but once I finished my ice cream cone I was pretty satisfied myself.

We left on a good note, heading back to the hotel to go swimming. The chlorine was killer!! Me and Samantha didn't want our hair getting fried so we didn't really swim but just hung out in the hot tub. The hot tub was filled with sunburnt rednecks that had been at a car show all day, and they had a gillion kids that were in the pool. I laughed when Samantha said, "Ewwww.." when she saw all the kids in the pool. I couldn't of agreed more, it looked like we would be swimming in urine. Regardless, Shawn and Eddie jumped right in. Samantha and me ended up getting in the pool when it cleared out a bit, and somehow ended up not getting our hair wet by pulling it up high enough and dog paddling around. Shawn called my swimming "Jelly fish" style because I was kicking around like crazy.

NO SLEEP!

none of us were ready to sleep when we got back up to the room at 11:20 or so. Sam took a shower, I set up my sleeping bag on the floor and Shawn and Eddie began playing a card game. Not Dungions and Dragons... you know, something like that. I can't think of the name right now but they played it a lot this weekend. It's like a roleplaying card game.

I laid on the ground and started on my math. Didn't get far though because we all started talking and laughing our asses off at stupid shit. Sam decided to go to sleep around 12', and wanted Shawn to come to bed too. I thought to myself, "Good, we can get decent sleep.. once Shawn crashes, we'll all go to bed.." He didn't want to sleep until he finished the game up though so they were up, which means I was up, until about 1:30 am until we even tried. I was on the floor, with my head in a pillow taco. My whole body felt like it was laying on cement.

 At about 2 am, I threw the sleeping bag on the bed and tried to sleep that way next to eddie. Still didn't sleep very well though. I felt very uncomfortable sleeping there, and my head was spinning with all this random shit. What was working at the cafe tomorrow going to be like? Am I going to get my math done? How am I going to wear my hair? When is Patrick and his friend Louie going to be here? Louie and Patrick showed up slightly after, when everyone was sleeping. Shawn didn't give them directions, but they found the new hotel just fine. They slept pretty quick and didn't make a lot of noise. I ended up sleeping a little, waking up every so often completely sweaty and gross. My alarm didn't wake me up, either. I woke myself up at 5:30 am, as quietly as possible so I wouldn't bother anyone.

To be continued with Day 2. :) Gotta go to class.

Yours,
emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks