Wednesday, December 28, 2011

18. Wind keeps me up.

Not because it scares me but because I love the sound of it. It makes the mood a lot more interesting.

Todays been slow, but productive. My sweets consumption has been lowered, at least somewhat. It's still pretty bad though, the holidays make it so hard to stay away from chocolate. You guys know me, I love chocolate. So yummy, delicious.. but bad for you, so I've been exercising a lot too. That being said I haven't really gained any weight, in fact my mom says I look pretty thin, but I still feel gross if I eat too much chocolate or whatever other sweet things are around. It's hard for me to go into the kitchen without grabbing a little 3 Muskateers bite (those little tiny 3 Muskateers bite sized that usually come around the holidays. About the size of 1/8th of a bar). Guess it's not the worst thing I could be munching on if I only have one or two, but still. Way more than I eat during the spring or summer.

That planner worked wonders for me today. I wrote out everything that I needed to do, and got it all done. I have to say, I've been getting a lot better at the guitar. I have Hypnotise completely 100% down, aside from that stupid chord transition during the bridge. I'm working on Holy Mountains right now. The only unfortunate thing about SOAD is that their tuning is really specific, and it makes me nervous when I switch back and forth between this Drop C weirdness to Drop D for Rammstein. I only have five strings on my guitar right now... my littlest one broke when I was tuning-- AGAIN. Ugh. It snapped really hard and hurt my hand. Its been like that for a week but I very rarely have to use that small string so I don't worry about it too much.

My mom actually overheard me playing tonight and flipped out because she said it actually sounded really good! That's huge for me.

When I get paid I'll get a new string, among other things that I really need to buy. Like my Visual Basic book from Delaney. School is coming up so quickly!

I studied a little Japanese today, reviewed. I remember a lot more than I expected, especially grammar wise. It's starting to come semi naturally to me now. I really need to work on my katakana packet tomorrow. That'll be my goal, really make an effort to study five out of the next six days before school starts.

Madoka Kugimiya from Negima!
Student Number 11: Madoka Kugimiya (釘宮 円, Kugimiya Madoka) Birthday: 3 March 1989. She is the serious one of the three cheerleaders in the class. She makes sure that the other cheerleaders (especially Sakurako) do not get into any trouble. She likes gyūdon and silver accessories and generally into Western music (currently is a fan of Avril Lavigne from notes), but hates playboys and is mildly obsessed with her husky voice
I've found that another sort of fun way to study my Japanese is, as clique as this sounds, watch anime.
This actually works because I can semi understand the grammar now and it helps me remember old vocabulary.


I'm really excited that I might be going to Sakura con this year! I think it would be really fun if I got a group together that was really into the cosplaying aspect of it. Maybe do a Sailor Moon group or something. Fun fun fun. . . But expensive, I should have enough by then though.

This morning I got called into work at 7:30 and I was there at 9'. Worked til 2'. Quick and easy shift, and I look forward to getting paid in 24 hours.

yours
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks