Monday, April 22, 2013

Next hottest truck stop waitress?


Today's been pretty unproductive for the most part. I woke up pretty exhausted because I was up until 3 in the morning last night.. you guys will never guess where I was.

One highlight I want to make sure to mention today is that I finally had the stamina to start calling around online to find a restaurant that was hiring waitresses or hostesses. I found out that Perkins is hiring so I quickly filled out an application on publisher, printed it up at the library and drove over there around 8:30. Perkins is a place that a lot of elderly people and truckers eat at. I'm really used to working with old people from Rite aid so I think I'll do just fine.


So last night Jack and I hung out. Crazy, right? I'd texted him around midnight and he suddenly asked if I wanted to hang out right then. Pretty stoked but looking like absolute crap I told him to give me 20 minutes. I got ready pretty quickly, smoked a little to take the edge off, and headed off towards Chestnut. Jack is such a turd, he told me to go there but he really meant he wanted to meet me at 18th which is in the opposite direction.

He ended up walking all the way to the sidewalk outside my apartment. He hid behind a tree until I met up with him, and he was kind of buzzed and really freezing. I was surprised, he basically was immediately clinging onto me until we walked to his house where his roommate had passed out drunk in the bathroom. I set my stuff in Jack's room and sat there for awhile looking around.

He just finished lacrosse yesterday. Jack always has to be up to something so it's clear that he's taken some sort of interest in me again-- which should always be taken with a grain of salt because I've been down this road many, many, many times. It's crazy that we actually hung out yesterday-- even he said it, we've always never been able to for one reason or another. He was surprisingly open and comfortable with me though so I was pretty happy that there's no like awkwardness between us. We had a lot of fun reminiscing.

So yeah that's what's new with me. I've got some studying to do tonight. It's 9:30 but I just had some coffee at Perkins so I'll be able to stay up for a little while. Figure if I hope back and forth between guitar and homework until midnight I should be peachy.

peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks