Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Meeting a brilliant person is a rarity. ~7~

I met probably the coolest person today.

His name is Thomas and he's my friend Lily's (or Cece's, either way, she goes by a couple names) boyfriend, and we got into a conversation today and ended up talking for two hours on all sorts of philosophical things. Lately, for some reason, I've become really philosophical... wondering why we're here, how people interact with one another, how people get ahead, why people associate with others the way they do.. And nobody really wants to hear me rant on about these things though I find myself doing it all the time. But this guy Thomas was totally interested and we had a fantastic conversation. He's a really good listener and talks about as much as I do, so you can imagine it was just.. talktalktalktalk. He's a person that *always* has something to talk about and told me, "My brain doesn't have an off switch. I'm always thinking about something..." That's just like me!!! It was exciting. I am sure we are going to be good friends.

Subtle things like this in my everyday life are what keep me going. Knowing there are people I can relate too. Knowing that I'm not alone. That I'm not a complete weirdo. I'm intelligent and being around other intelligent people makes me happy. No, I'm not saying I'm particularily "super smart," because that would imply that I think super quickly and can regurgitate a bunch of facts because I can't. But meeting other emotionally intelligent people makes me really happy.

I'm so thankful for my friends and I'm happy that occasionally I make new ones. : )

Man, what am I going to do today. I should of been studying Japanese earlier but instead I ended up in this huge conversation. I've got time, considering I go to bed at 11 pm my day is just starting.

My must do list for today:
1. Check out this book that Thomas just told me about that I really want to read.

2. Play for an hour.

3. Study Japanese for an hour and a half to two hours.

4. Work on math finals packets for an hour or so.

yours,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks