Monday, April 23, 2012

My wheels in constant motion . . .

This is my current cover photo on facebook.

I'm not particularily religious, but I think this is clearly about marijuana and I found that sort of funny that I've never heard anyone mention this before. It could potentially offend someone, but I doubt it. It's not like I captioned this "HEY LOOK GUYZ POT!!!" I'm just gonna leave this up for a couple days and see if anyone notices or "gets" it. I could be wrong, maybe it's not about marijuana at all. Lol or people that are totally naive are going to think I'm going super religious. Nope! I'm a spiritual person, but not religious by any means.

I've been listening to the Systematic Chaos CD by Dream Theater and so far I'm super impressed. I looove the song Constant Motion. I would love to learn how to play it and blow Logan's brain off, bah haha. That reminds me that Robert's party is going to be on Saturday. He said it's not going to be a guitar thing but almost everyone that he's inviting plays guitar so I'd assume I should have some sort of plan in case Robert asks me to play. It sucks though, I can't actually play WITH them because I'm not good enough (well, that, and I don't know any of the songs that they've learned to play together). Like, they know a lot of songs from the Black album by Metallica. I like Metallica and everything, but to actually take the time and learn how to play their songs takes a LOT of initiative.

 In order for me to spend hours upon hours learning a song, I need to make sure it's something I won't get too sick of.

1."Enter Sandman" Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett5:31
2."Sad But True" Hetfield, Ulrich5:24
3."Holier Than Thou" Hetfield, Ulrich3:47
4."The Unforgiven" Hetfield, Ulrich, Hammett6:26
5."Wherever I May Roam" Hetfield, Ulrich6:44
6."Don't Tread on Me" Hetfield, Ulrich3:59
7."Through the Never" Hetfield, Ulrich, Hammett4:05
8."Nothing Else Matters" Hetfield, Ulrich6:28
9."Of Wolf and Man" Hetfield, Ulrich, Hammett4:16
10."The God That Failed" Hetfield, Ulrich5:07
11."My Friend of Misery" Hetfield, Ulrich, Jason Newsted6:49
12."The Struggle Within" Hetfield, Ulrich3:52

Track list for the black album. Thanks Wikipedia.

I've liked almost all of these songs at one point, aside from of Wolf and Man and Through the Never. All of these songs are good, but to hear them over and over and over... This week I've been learning The Unforgiven because I think those guys know that one and it's not too hard. That, and it's standard tuning. I made a goal this week that I'd work on one song that's standard tuning, because Drop C is a pain in the ass to get down too and it requires me to GO ONLINE and tune the damn guitar down before i can play anything. Maybe I should get one of those portable tuners.  

Connor told me that I definately need to start picking up acoustic again, and I'm beginning to think he's right, it'd definately help me be more well rounded. Problem is, the frets are so far spaced and it's hard to find a song that I like on acoustic. Unforgiven might actually sound pretty cool, though.

I'll stop talking about that.

Japanese today was good, even if Taylor and Sean harrassed me about using a smartwater bottle. Taylor was like, "Are you trying to be cool with that? That smartwater bottle?" which I responded "Yup!! is it working?" He he. They shut up about it after that.

I'm gonna get going, getting hungry and light headed.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks