Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Too corrupt for a child's ears

Hello.

I'm happy to say I feel like I've found my center again. I was feeling kind of out of it for a week after this annoying Eric incident but now I'm feeling a lot more content and excited for the future. One of the main reasons for this is because I've been making a lot of improvement on Invention which has been a major challenge for a long time but I'm going to be able to get it like the back of my hand before the recital in 5 weeks so that'll be awesome.


I have been working my ass off lately because I've been focusing more on my right hand. I realize that my positioning has been wrong since day one now so I've been trying to modify this. Jake has honestly been trying to get this stuff through to me for over a year. For most of our lessons via skype he was unable to effectively show me what I was doing wrong but I feel like I'm seeing it now. 

Now it's just a matter of changing these bad habits, stop letting my hand float above the bridge, etc... 

I got in some good practice time today after having a pretty good night hanging out at Brandon's. I hit him up yesterday because I didn't have work today and wanted to get out of the house. Katelynn was at Lee's Tahitian with Zach but I didn't feel like driving anywhere after I got to Brandon's house. We ended up walking down to the 7-11, getting a couple 40's and watching Django Unchained. 


This is a really good movie. I did find out something horrifying and disgusting by watching this video that they didn't teach us in school. Back before the Civil War some of the rich slave owners had a hobby comparable to today's "dog fighting" between two pit bulls. They show these scene where two men are fighting eachother to death. Isn't that the most fucked up, grotesque shit you've ever heard?

Brandon was like, "Yeah it's hard to believe like, white Americans did that..." I kind of chuckled at that but I know what he means. There's some part of me that feels the same way, though after learning about history of torture in Asian countries there's a huge part of me that is not surprised by the cruelty that has been imposed by humans... and the white man is no less guilty than any other race. 

So it's true, the civil war really was a tragic time. Slavery is disgusting and really shouldn't be taken lightly. I can definitely see why African American people still feel a divide and distrust toward white people even today because this was barely over 100 years ago. People in power do horrible things for their own advantage and satisfaction and people are full of greed. Life isn't fair at all and when a man gets in a position of power and feels impervious to consequence is when potential corruption begins to set in.  

Some people are just born into a life of suffering in comparison to the next and those of us that got lucky should have respect for our fellow man regardless of his or her circumstances. 

I suppose just like the reality of what happened to the Native Americans, dog fighting between slaves was something that wasn't talked about much in school. It's probably one of the most messed up things I've ever heard about in my life and do not plan to research the civil war further anytime soon. Awareness of history is always a good thing though. 

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks