Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Strange sense of relaxation.



Today's been so relaxed. Probably the most I've been in months. I'm thrilled to be back in my room here at Central to be honest with you guys. Brendan told me this evening I seemed more relaxed. He got home tonight and came over at like 8'. I made us delicious yakisoba.


I know, this is a professional photo and mine probably wasn't nearly as pretty but I suppose mine looked comparable to this. I used this really tender steak I bought at the store today, thinly sliced carrots, fresh bean sprouts, 1/4 cup onions, and those delicious "Asian blend" vegetables from Fred meyer. I need to get more of that, I'm all out. I like to put it on rice too. 

Anyway, Brendan brought over some salad that went super well with the dish. I'd also cooked some so-called oven baked "orange chicken" but the sauce tasted outright bizarre. It was okay though, the chicken was crispy at least. That felt like a nice way to start out this quarter. 

Tomorrow is my first day of classes. I don't have English so I at least won't have to be at my first class at 8'. My first class is economics at 9, which is going to mean walking all the way to Shaw. Good thing I just remembered to plug in my Zune, I would not want to walk that far without music and my spotify isn't working on my phone because apparently the micro SD card is broken. I need to replace it quickly, I'm wondering if I can purchase one at Fred Meyer or will I need to go to a Sprint store..

But yeah, I'm quite happy to be back and have this much privacy again. It's like I'm back in Emily world instead of the world that's wrapped around my family and friends when I'm at home. Not saying I don't like being at home, I'm sure you know what I mean.




So I accomplished my goal of posting a new guitar video on New Years! I know this classical so it probably won't get many views but I don't care. This song was a whole new challenge for me and I'm stoked having perfected it to upload quality. Next I would like to do Wherever I May Roam but I have not practiced it much  with the recording. That will be my new focus this upcoming week. I seem to start many songs but have a hard time finishing them. 

I just keep reminding myself that I'm still technically in my first year. I like to think of my mentality in my first couple years of playing the trumpet-- it's very similar to how I feel now in certain ways, like my overall ability to play comfortably. By my fourth year of playing the trumpet I felt so comfortable and I would like to achieve that on the guitar but it'll all just come with time and hard work.

peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks