Friday, August 17, 2012

Losing your identity and starting a new?


I'm really not a fan of hipsters.


One reason that I choose not to accessorize too much is because I don't want to associated with these people.


Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter.
The Hipster subculture is certainly more bearable than others such as the rave/candy kids that grew out of the now almost completely dead "Scene" phase. I've been friends with some hipsters, but most of them that I've met have been really lazy. Like they've got an attitude like they're too cool to work unless it's at some coffeeshop or bookstore for a few hours a week. 

Yeah, not a hipster. Makes me happy I'm not going to Bellingham, these people would have pissed me off.


Blegh. When this becomes a known trend of my time, I can say here and now that I was never a part of it.

I don't really have a concrete look or subculture that I belong in, though I do seek the approval of other musicians. I think all musicians do, it's really important because there's no better judge of your playing than someone that's more skilled than you. It's also fun to of course be better than the next guy, so that approval is also a plus. Hipsters must get approval from other hipsters on how thrifty they look. 

I've never followed any clothing trends necessarily or tried to be something I'm not for an extended amount of time. I feel like these kids that get really into different scenes end up losing a big piece of their identity once the scene ends or goes out of style. I personally would never want something that I identify with to "die," it would be horrifying, especially if you take it really seriously and felt accepted by the other people following the trend. 



There are still stragglers to the scene trend, like this girl. 


I think Scene pretty much ended when MySpace did back in 2008. 

Gonna play guitar until me and tyler hang out.

peace. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks