Tuesday, April 26, 2011

HURRAY FOR PROLONGED SHITTY WEATHER, Karma is a bitch.

So today was the first day that has been really nice almost all spring. It's warm, with just a cool breeze outside. It was nice to walk to the S building today without powerwalking to get out of the cold. But seriously, this is the FIRST day this Spring that has been like this. There's either been cold, wind or lots and lots of rain. Which is fantastic, and such a blessing to me.


Why? Because cherry season this year is going to be horrendous!! My horrible uncle that has forced my dad out of the picture is going to have a grand time sorting through damaged fruit, and a completely deteriorated profit because of the weather this year. Plus, he's going to make it worse himself because he's so damn lazy that he's been HIRING people to do the most simple tasks that my dad used to do-- like PRUNING. If you don't know what pruning is, it's when you removed damaged branches and thin the top of the trees so that the lower branches can get more nutrients, overall making the tree healthier. It's sort of like cutting off dead ends of hair. This is a very simple, however tedious task that my dad used to do on a near daily basis for therapudic purposes, but because he's been kicked off my uncle is now hiring some Hispanic people to do it... Which costs money. I can imagine he'll be hiring more employees too to sort and do the work that me and Yolvani Maya did last year.

He'll probably hire all mormons to do the sorting and swamping because that's what my Grandma would want. SO, I made a point to tell Amy Campbell NOT to return because of what has happened. She probably wasn't intending too in the first place considering she's graduating this year, but I wanted to tell her anyways so that news might spread around to the mormon kids that they'd be dealing with complete bullshit. Unfortunately, money is money and people are going to go back there regardless... some might even be relieved that my dad is gone. But with my uncle as a ticket person and NOBODY on the crew that speaks Spanish, it's going to be a mess! And I can't wait to see it happen!!


So yesterday I got my hair cut by fabulous Nathan at the salon in Wal Mart and my hair looks super nice today. He told me that by getting a little trim every month can help my hair grow faster and stronger, so I'm going to do so. I really want my hair to grow out healthy.

Yesterday was my first haircut of my length since last February. That's one year, two months, since I've had my length cut because of paranoia due to having so many awful haircuts. Last time I went in and asked for some of the "Dead stuff" to be taken off, the girl cut my hair to shoulder length-- which is an AWFUL look for me. I HATE how I look with shoulder length hair, which is why I'm going to start getting these monthly trims to avoid having to get a ton of split ends removed down the line and getting it back to... that...



FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU
I hated this haircut so so so much!! Too short, supposed to be an A-line bob but looked like a damn dutchboy, and bangs that were an inch long. I am never trusting female hairstylists again, because I am convinced that most of them don't want to make other girls look prettier than them. Kim would NEVER cut her own damn bangs this short.



I am back into Japanese things again. As Andrew said, people tend to fall back into their old interests.. I am still excited to continue learning Japanese, even if it's intimidating as hell at times. But honestly, what's the rush. If I continue to study hard, I'll get better and better at it and eventually will be able to speak it to an extent. I've come this far, and I now have a good foundation of how their grammar works, so I'm going to continue to build on that. I'm going to have to review a lot this summer in order to maintain it though.

Nothing particularily interesting happened today, though I AM going to buy the tickets from Sean, who no longer wants to be anywhere near me. Not a problem, really, as long as he isn't rude to me. I just need to get that ticket soon, probably out of my ebay funds. Me and my dad have now racked up $500, which we'll be splitting. :) I'm happy my listings have done well.

Yours,
Emily

3 comments:

  1. I was reading an article just the other day that said NOT to trim your hair that often because hair simply doesn't grow that fast. This article was talking about trims every 6 weeks too. If you do it every month, it might be making your hair slowly get shorter instead of longer.
    The only way to make hair grow faster is to take vitamins, particularly pre-natal vitamins.

    All hair is "dead." The stuff you want cut off at the end is the stuff that's damaged. A sure-fire way to get longer hair is to stop straightening your hair so that it doesn't become damaged and break off at the ends, making it shorter just by doing that, and then, having to get a trim more often to get rid of damaged ends.

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guy that cuts my hair is a professional, and I trust his judgement on this. I don't think I'll be getting it done every month, just because I lack the means to do so. Every six weeks does sound more reasonable. I however will never STOP straightening my hair, just because I'm insecure when I have wavy hair and think I look ugly. So that being said, I'm going to use products to help with minimizing the damage of the straightening.

    ReplyDelete

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks