Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ice Cream and Blythe Dolls

Look at how adorable these are. Okay, you might disagree, but I think these are the single prettiest, cutest dolls I've ever seen. They're about 2 inches tall and have very human like hair. They are high quality and have really realistic clothes. I want to start collecting them someday. Maybe in a couple pay checks I'll hunt for one because IIIIII...

HAVE A JOB NOW
Ohh yeaaaaa

I'm not even lying. I got a job at my favorite ice cream place in the tri cities and I start working tomorrow at 2:00 pm. Isn't that awesome?! One of my favorite places in the tri cities. But I got a LOT of help, now that I look back on the past couple days Here's what happened..

Me and Katelynn went in to get coffee drinks on thursday to treat ourselves after my long day of presentations and her long, crazy week at work. When we ordered, the woman that owns the business says "What are you guys doing currently?" And my friend answered working at Wal Mart and I said going to college and looking for a job, and she said she was currently hiring one more person! I was so excited.
The next day I spiffed up my resume and editted my cover letter. My dad helped me a lot with that, as he's editted a lot of cover letters and resumes in the past. He helped me get rid of a lot of the unnessasary information out of my cover letter so that it's too the point. I was happy he did, because when I turned it in the woman that works there looked at it immediately and they are very busy. I doubt she would want to read about me rambling on. So she gave me the job! Sort of. She told me that she needed me to get a food handlers card, and explained that the way to get a raise is to take a cake decorating class offered at Michaels. She gave me a lot of information about the business and how fast pace it is, and how she expects me to work very hard. I will work as hard as I can-- I can't mess this up! (Not that I will, but you guys know me.. I look at the glass half empty...) She also told me that I have to memorize the entire menu and take a test to prove that I know it. This was intimidating, but I eagerly wrote down everything on a sheet of paper and left to make an appointment to get the food handlers card.

I probably searched for about 20 minutes for the health department building, and I wouldn't of found it without Jon telling me where it was. So there's another person that helped me with this. Nobody in my family was picking up the phone, and Jon happened to know where it was. I made an appointment for Thursday, thirty minutes before it was going to close. Luck was on my side again.

I then went to Michael's craft store to sign up for the cake decorating class. This starts on the 7th, and I was the last spot available. Hopefully, work doesn't overlap with the class. o_o oh jeez.

So when I got home, I started studying this immense list of ice cream flavors and had my sister and my mom quiz me over and over again. My sister helped a lot too because she thought of clever ways to remember things. When I was quizzed today at the store, I aced it. :) The owner was impressed.

So that's it! I'm very happy luck was on my side for once. I can't mess this up no matter what.

yours,
emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks