Saturday, March 12, 2011

My parents say I should just quit.

My parents say I should quit, but because I'm never a quitter and need money, I'm going to give it another day. Today was my second day working at the ice cream place-- and I literally feel sick to my stomach because it's been so difficult. My boss is Korean, and has extremely high expectations that are almost impossible to fulfill without making a mistake somewhere. I feel like everything I do is wrong. And I have to do everything so fast, but then she gets mad because she said I was running all over the place and considered letting me go because of it. It's just-- my lord.

I know how to make the bubble tea, I know how to do a scoop of ice cream, I'm friendly, I quickly clean, I do whatever they tell me to do... But I get so nervous because I get critisized on everything, and it hurts my feelings because I am working my ass off and going as fast as I can. They expect me to know all the prices, all the recipes for the cold stone stuff, be able to know what everyone ordered and type the prices into the cash register... and at the same time keep things clean and wash dishes and make pizelles and cones and NO WONDER I'm stressed out and running all over the place. On the surface it seemed like a fantastic place to work, but now I'm contimplating if it's worth it. She is giving me "a second chance"... even if I've only worked there for two days, so obviously I'm going to make mistakes. I just can't help but think it's unreasonable... But I just have to keep trying, and see if I can do a better job tomorrow.

While I was walking out to the dumpster to take out some trash, I tried to be friendly with another employee that had been working there for 3 months. I asked her if the boss had bitched her out when she first started working, and she's like "Not really-- the way that I was brought up, I have to do things right the first time or I get in trouble." Okay what the Hell is she implying. This pissed me off but I didn't say anything. Wow, I feel sick again.

Anyway, you get the jist. Really high pressure, I feel sick by the situation because I can't do shit *the way they want me too*. It's... nerve wrecking.

yours,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks