Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dreaming, Mini shift, and Indian food

I had a really strange dream last night and I want to figure out what it means, regardless of it being sort of random and stupid. My mom is watching Holly's World, which is basically a bunch of dumb sluts modeling and talking about how great their lives are.

We walked into an italian restaurant, and we all sat down together and started looking at a menu. This was an expensive place, and there was music playing. My Dad of course immediately knew what he wanted, and while I was looking through the menu and seemed annoyed by the fact that I didn't know what I wanted yet. I told him that I didn't like Italian food. The menu was HUGE though, and found fish and chips.
Suddenly my parents were at the bar, and me and Avery were running around looking at these enourmous shows that were playing. I video'd this one of a bunch of cosplayers doing a musical. I actually recognized some of the people that were in the show, including a lot of the people I saw at Otaku Con. It was very bizarre that they were doing this in an italian restaurant, but it was enourmous in there and looked more like a warehouse.
I went over to the bar, and asked what my parents were doing, and they said the food had come, but it's at a table where people were still finishing eating. So me and my sister walk over, and there's our food, sitting in front of these two middle aged people that were eating, and Avery said, "Can we eat here?" and they said yes. Apparently the food that I ordered wasn't good, and ordered something else. Then here comes this little "Kawaii" menu that had little pictures of adorable food on it and then on the plate there were the same foods. Like there was little rice balls and a tiny hamburger. It was cute, and yet we were still in this italian restaurant... uhm.. makes no sense but okay. My parents ended up sitting down, but my mom was finished eating and I felt like I was making my parents wait around.

I'm gonna decipher this later, I gotta take a shower. When I get back I'll talk about my first day on the job!

Later, 6:33 pm...
There's nothing better than coming home after a lovely fight with my sister. I tried really hard not to fight with her this time around, I did.. I picked her up from Bean's house, and we headed over to Michaels to pick up a decorating kit for a class that i'm taking in order to someday get a raise. I was going to use my mom's debit card, which she specificially gave to me for this purpose. I did not use the card to buy food, or gas, or anything. My sister put in her cheerleading gifts in with the purchase and it came out as $50.

During this process, she told me that I'm wasting Mom's money because "we have all that stuff at home" and "you don't even know if you have that job yet". First of all, yes, I do have that job. Secondly, all I've seen at home is a bunch of used cake decorating stuff that is extremely disorganized. Last time I wanted to do fancy decorating, I couldn't find half of the pieces I needed. Apparently though, my mom has a few decorating kits SOMEWHERE, but I have no idea where they are and I doubt she does either. But if she shows me and it's the same exact kit, I'm going to return it tomorrow. I highly doubt this is the same kit. This is a large, $30 kit that was required for the class.

We get out to the car, and my sister realizes that mom wanted a picture frame. I try to hand her mom's debit card and she screams back "NO, I'M GONNA SPEND MY OWN MONEY". Oh yes, lovely superhero, so generous and darling Avery. The one that would take mom's debit card for days and spend it on junk food and Rockstars. She claims this is a lie but I've seen her do it and mom  has told me that she does it.

SO, MY FIRST DAY AT WORK...
Was only an hour long. I got some training from a really nice co-worker who I can already tell I'm going to like. I can't remember her name but she is a bit shorter than me, hispanic, and looks a bit like Beatriz Sandoval. She showed me how to make bubble tea, had me try the frozen yogurt, and showed me how to use the espresso machine. Then when Jin showed up, she showed me some stuff too and I got a free green tea bubble tea. It was really delicious! I wasn't really hungry though so I couldn't drink the whole thing. Unfortunately though, I couldn't work because I don't have my food handlers card. So I'm off until Wednesday now.

OH. I totally forgot to mention, me and Andrew hung out today. He took me out to Indian food and it was really interesting. I tried goat curry, which was really odd but tasty regardless. I noticed there were a lot of bones in the dishes and it creeped me out a bit because I felt like I was eating ribs and didn't know how to eat politely when I had to disect the meat so much to eat it. The rice was soo good for some reason, it was like the perfect texture. I'll probably make a yelp review of it. It was nice of him to take me out though. I bought him coffee.

Eek, I have bad heartburn for some reason. I feel like taking a bath and relaxing...

yours,
emily

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you ever figured out your dream or not, but I looked up a few of the key points in my book.
    To eat/eating: lacking some basic nutrient or feedback (don't these mean food) in our lives.
    I couldn't find restaurant, and the family part was huge and they didn't have a section for the whole family being together, but I think that part is important too. Also all the different types of food. But obviously those are too specific if I can't find "restaurant" lol.

    ReplyDelete

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks