Monday, January 31, 2011

Claymation might be my new favorite movie making medium.


This right here is the claymation I made to present to my Mom's AVID class in order to prompt into teaching them about movie editting. It took me approximately 16 hours of hard ass work for one minute of video. Would I do it again? Absolutely, and make it 20x better now that I know what I'm doing with the clay.

Claymation is the shit!!

I had a ton of fun with this, and now that I'm not on a time constraint, I plan to use the rest of that clay one of these times for... something. Could potentially be a ticket to a youtube partnership! I mean, there are NOT many claymators on youtube, and the fact that I know how to do it could get me some epic views. Probably shouldn't get ahead of myself though, I'm going to see if this video gets any views period before I even try. I am thinking about just messing with how to make more flexible characters, because really that was my problem in this video. I think the way I made the mouths and eyes move with paint was pretty damn clever though, and besides the ending of this movie I am very satisfied with the outcome. I just wish I could of had more time to make the movie... like a week would of been perfect to fill the whole song. Still, making that thing had me completely dormant for 16 hours of art... Do I really want to do that again? I'm just surprised I had the patience.

The presentation worked well. I had a hard time explaining some of the more challenging things that I incoorperated into this video, like making the mouths move and such. Luckily, it seemed like none of the people in the class had any interest in going into THAT much detail. I think I did pretty good, and my mom helped prompt me along, as I jumped into video without really showing them how to put the video together first, and my mom shoved me out of that pretty quick. Good thing too, or I would of completely lost them.

I got to meet Taylor Morales today too, which was cool! We've talked quite a bit on youtube, and I gave her my babysitting job for when I leave for college. Chad and Carmin haven't had me babysit in a couple weeks though, I wonder if she's been taking it? Ehh, who knows. Maybe Chad and Carmin just haven't been out as much. There schedules don't allow them much sleep at all.. I don't know how they do it.

Anyway, that's really all I wanted to say today. Tomorrow I'm going to make a blog on my friends, and how all of them are good for different things. I was thinking about this today while I was sitting in class. I had told Courtney on facebook, jokingly, that the reason that I had the time to do the project was because I'm a bit of a nerd, a loner and don't have many friends. But now that I think about it, I do! Just a lot of them are nerds like me so we're all so wrapped up in our own business that it's harder to get together.

Tomorrow then!

yours,
Emily

5 comments:

  1. You have a TON of friends. Every morning when I get on facebook, the stupid thing is set to "top news" instead of "news feed" and I have to switch it. But before I do, ALL of your updates from the day before or the few days before are there, with at least 5 comments each. And maybe Facebook isn't the best representation of how many friends a person has because you can friend anyone in the world, but you actually talk to a healthy percentage of your facebook friends, whether in person, or via chat or Skype or whatever.

    PS: What I meant by "mexican" becoming the "new n-word" isn't that the word Mexican is the N-word: it's that a good portion of the country, especially in Arizona and other conservative states, politicians as well as people (think Tea Partiers) are getting riled up about illegal immigration. It's more that people who are legal US citizens, no matter their race or whatever, are looking down on illegal immigrants, specifically from Mexico (I mean, there are thousands of other illegal immigrants in the US, but we don't hear about them, do we?), whether justified or not, just like people looked down on blacks during the years before the Civil Rights Movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I have a ton of friends, but CLOSE friends that I feel like actually have been there for me in the past and will be in my life in the future like you are pretty rare.

    About the N-word thing, I see what you mean. I wasn't trying to point fingers at you when I posted about that on my wall, but more to get other people's opinions on it. You watch the news more then I do, I don't really know much about the goings on in the rest of the country to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think you were, and it's always a good idea to ask other people's opinions, which is kind of what "hispanic" or "mexican" is about: people have different opinions on what they want to call themselves, and it's never the same from person to person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun video! It Iooks like it was *a lot* of work to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :) Yeah it was, I really appreciate your feedback...

    ReplyDelete

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks