Tuesday, January 25, 2011

私の ともだち と 結婚....

It's hard to believe really. How many people that I've known for my whole life, or at least went to school in the same class with me or a year or so older are getting engaged and married... or have plans to be. Then there's the mass amounts of pregnancies everywhere.
My two best friends, Katelynn and Katharine, are both probably going to be married in the next couple years.


Katelynn and Jon
My friend's boyfriend Jon proposed to her a couple days ago before bed, and it was probably the cutest story I've heard in awhile. He apparently grabbed her hand by the side of the bed after they got done watching a movie, and told her that on the day that he went to wish her Dad a merry Christmas he asked his permission to marry Katelynn. I am so incredibly happy for her. Ever since she's started dating Jon she's been a lot happier and has been making better decisions. For awhile there, she was hanging out with this gross, drug using, gay guy* that would just put her in terrible situations. Now that she is with Jon, and has a job, she has turned her life around dramatically and is now almost completely independent from her weird family problems. Plus they are going to go to school together soon.
Though they are young, I feel that it is the right decision because of how much they really do love eachother, as well as benifit from eachother. They aren't going to get married until Katelynn is 21, which I think is a smart decision too. Rushing into things is always a bad idea..

Katharine and Brian
My other best friend, Katharine, is with this guy named Brian who she is intending on getting married too as well. The situation with them is a little bit different then Katelynn and Jon though because Brian is 27. They went to school together and now he's living down in LA. She visits him for really, really extended periods of time (like 2 weeks) and doesn't get sick of him so that's always a good sign. Personally, I don't think I could be with anyone for 2 weeks that I could think of without needing some time alone-- oi. She doesn't seem to want to be away from him though, and really loves him too. So me and my mom are pretty sure that they are going to get married too-- plus she's told me this, it's not just an assumption on my part.
Me and Brian didn't have a very good encounter and I don't want to have anything to do with him, but if he makes Katharine happy then I'm happy for her regardless.

So I felt that I needed to make a blog entry about this. I just think it's pretty incredible. I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all, it's just surprising. Lots of life changes for my best friends right now. And they're not the only ones. Nathan is moving in with his boyfriend, Christine is pregnant (along with a few other people), Kami is getting married... I could name a bunch of others. Crazy isn't it?


Yours,
Emily


*NOTE: I have NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING against gay people! In fact a lot of my best guy friends are gay. Though, this guy is the kind of flamboyant, elitest gay that I can't stand.

1 comment:

  1. That seems to be the way things are going for me. It'll be a long while before anything happens though--so no worries! At least 5 years. I definitely think that Brian could be someone that I end up with.

    ReplyDelete

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks