Saturday, January 8, 2011

Food Choices and Working Out in the Cold Winter Months.

Today was a lightening fast day. It just flew by. Didn't get much done, though did get some stuff that my Mom wanted me to get done finished.

I was awoken by my Mom at around 8' this morning. Apparently her and my Dad wanted to get out for awhile because my Dad wants to get away from the house and the farm situation* (I'll explain this later).. My mom gave me a list of things to do... 1) Pick up my bedroom, 2) Deep clean the bathroom, and 3) Vacuum and sweep the stairs. My sister was on laundry duty because apparently I don't fold well. I do try to fold, but my mom says that everytime it just comes out looking like a ball. LIES. I just think my Dad likes his shirts folded weirdly and it's hard to figure out how exactly he wants it.

Diet stuff...
Anywho, I got up around 10ish, and made myself a little breakfast. I had three slices of toast with the omega 'butter'. But the butter isn't real butter, it's a healthier margarine with omega 3 and 3/4 less calories than regular margarine. It's sort of a funny taste if you like real butter, but I like it a lot. I also had a handful of Chex mix, and a grapefruit. So for breakfast I did pretty good with my diet, got the whole grains in there. Yeah, the Chex could of been avoided, but my sister was eating it and it looked so good. I only got about a serving.

I took a shower, and got all clean. I love this new acne fighting stuff that I got prescribed, I noticed a difference in the scarring and redness in just one night. My skin is already looking better, and I felt more confident today even not wearing makeup. I blow-dried my hair, put on some athletic clothes, and got to work. I started with the bathroom, in sort of a pissy mood because I blamed my sister on the battery problems with my computer. I know it's not her fault though, I'm just mad that the battery is so stupid and I'll unavoidably have to buy another $70 battery at Best Buy once this one gives out. I got that bathroom sparkling clean, then went into my room to do a Pilates video.
The pilates DVD that I got at wal mart for $10. To get the complete workout is actually 50 minutes, not 10. But I really enjoyed this today.


Pilates feels wonderful! That with my new Golds Gym situp thing, and I'm bound to lose some weight. It'll take time, I know, but my goal is to lose 10 lbs. The thing is, I have no idea how much I weigh from time to time. I feel much healthier now that I'm making an effort to eat healthier and avoid junk foods. For the past week or so I haven't really slipped, aside from the ONE slip that I did when I had the munchies with Wes the other night. We shared a small caramel Mcdonalds frappe. I shared it with his friends though, and it always cuts calories to share. It was so delicious though, and you know how it is when you have the munchies-- everything just tastes that more amazing.

So, instead of trying to lose 10 lbs, I'm going to try to get back down to a size 9 jeans size. Unfortunately though, when I lose weight, it rarely seems to draw from my ass and thighs, but instead from my stomach, breasts and arms. Stomach is good, and so is arms, but never losing weight from my thighs and legs is a problem. I wish I could just lose a little of that thigh fat, but it's really difficult when I've had big thighs and butt my whole life, and now that I'm getting to the age where I can have kids it's gotten worse. I wear a size 11 for god sake. That's too big in my opinion. But I know that if I work hard and stay to my healthy diet, I'll lose the weight.


For lunch today I made stirfried chicken, cucumbers, peppers and onion. I had a side of kidney beans with it, as well as a side of rice. The side of rice was about 1/2 cup of rice, and the chicken was about the size of a stack of cards so the portions were good. I can't say I really particularly LIKE or dislike kidney beans or black beans that I've been eating with meals, but they are a very good source of fiber as well as helps lower bad cholesterol (which isn't really a concern). Combining these kidney beans with rice though makes a complete protein, which helps me get going in the day. Best of all, it has IRON. Iron is super important for me because I am very iron deficient,  and this helps me be less drowsy throughout the day if I can get my iron levels up.

I'm very tired. Seems like my body is really adjusting to going to bed earlier. I will continue to document what I eat and what I'm doing. Nothing much happened today, really. Tomorrow I'm going to go study Japanese with Nathanael and Taylor, then I'm going to go over to Wes's for a bit. Maybe he can help me with my symbolic reasoning junk.

☆yours,


Emily




Just for fun...
Japanese Word of the Day: 
Chicken: pronounced Toriniku. とりにく・鶏肉. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks