Sunday, January 9, 2011

My recommendation to those that are sick this winter.

My New Years resolution to stop procrastinating isn't going so well.

 I keep on pushing things off and saying I'll do them later, and then when I do start to study or do whatever I have to I don't have enough time. Luckily though, I'm going to start RIGHT AFTER I finish this blog entry. So there, it's documented now, and I'm going to do it. I have to read 6.2 in my symbolic reasoning book, get started on an assignment for Critical writing, and study my Japanese as well as get this yellow sheet with our new verb conjugations done. Not really exciting stuff, but I intend on getting it done. School has been going pretty smoothly, and I'd rather not get behind because of my own lack of motivation to get stuff done.

I'm just happy that I'm healthy. Honestly, the very worst thing that could happen to me now is to get sick. My friend Danni, who is in my symbolic reasoning class, was recently diagnosed with a pneumonia. How horrible is that.. She was feeling sick on Wednesday, then wasn't there Thursday, so I can only imagine how sick she must of been feeling on Wednesday and came to school anyway. I've been in her shoes, and it blows, especially at the beginning of the quarter like this. Plus, this is her LAST quarter, to make matters worse. So I'm going to take notes for her and help any way I can.

I've been sick a lot though, and this is what I recommend for people that are sick. My Chinese friend Qiuzi recommended this to me when I was sick awhile back, and I've used it ever since. Hot green tea with honey. I don't know what it is, but it makes you feel about 10x better after you drink it. I drank it that one time I had a hangover, I drank it the last time I had a fever multiple times, when I have sinus problems, when I'm nauseous... Every time I've drank it, it made me feel a LOT better. No, it won't totally cure you obviously, but it relaxes your stomach and sooths you. I personally like my tea to be flaming hot (like almost to the point of burning your tongue), but warm should be okay too. 


What I need is tips from anyone on how to not procrastinate. Procrastination is, by far, my biggest enemy. Though I'm not the WORST, at the level that I expect myself to achieve and make my parents/myself happy, I have to study continually. Some people don't study at all and still get by, like this guy Colin that sits next to me in my Japanese class. The kid can take tests in there, still get a B+ without studying at all. Thus far I've gotten an A on every one of my Japanese tests, and I'm not going to let myself slip, even if the second quarter is a lot harder. I just need to keep trying.

☆yours,
Emily


Japanese Word of the Day:
Green Tea. お茶, おちゃ. Pronounced "Ocha". 

1 comment:

  1. Ironic post considering what has happened over the past week or so. Figures. On the mend now, though and when you're better you'll have so much antibiotic in you, I doubt you'll be sick again for a very long time. Love ya, moms

    ReplyDelete

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks