Thursday, January 6, 2011

A new blog... ._.

This is intimidating to me.
I transfered over to MySpace blogging because MySpace is now full of creeps and none of my friends are all Facebook whores now. My last blog had over 300 entries. And I'm starting over. Clean slate. So here I am, at a new blog to post my thoughts and feelings, pictures, and whatever I feel like. Right this second, it's hard to focus because my sister and her friend are watching Hannah Montana. I'd like to make a quick introduction of who I am, since this is the first entry and all.
This picture is sort of old, from about five months ago or so, but I plan on posting new pictures of me soon...


My name is Emily Wilson, and I'm 19 years old. I am going to school at a community college and I am currently trying to minor in Japanese and major in English. This isn't the concrete plan-- but eventually I will know what I want to do. Someday, I'd like to study abroad, and maybe teach English in Japan someday. Or maybe I'll want to be a criminal profiler... I'm not totally decided on anything yet, but I do know that my love of Japanese culture has stretched for years and now that I'm learning the language it's coming easier to me than I expected. Along with learning the Japanese language I've also grown fond of cooking Japanese food (bento boxes, in particular). I plan on showing you guys pictures of my bento boxes whenever I can! Maybe I'll even post some how-to's.

I love rock music. As a previously depressed high schooler, bands like System of a Down, Metallica and Coheed and Cambria really helped me get through. Because of my love of rock music, some people might think I'm angry when they sit in the car and listen to the music that I like to listen to. I guess it's just the kind of music I relate to more than anything (I'm not out getting money and hoes; nor am I sitting in a truck 'cause my wife broke up with me; nor do I wake up in the morning feeling like P-Diddy). Now that I am in college, I am no longer depressed because I feel like I am surrounded by more intelligent people, and it's only going to get better when I go onto a four year university. Having come from a small town, I felt like nobody understood me and now it's easier to find people that share the same interests.

I was a big jock in highschool, you could say. I played  tennis and soccer, and took it pretty seriously. I was known as the "Tank" in soccer because I'd run into girls on the field and often caused a lot of pain before the reff could turn around. It was a great way to get out my anger. I played sort of sloppily, didn't have much ball control, but was a good defender and was used as a human shield. Tennis though, was a whole different story. I was extremely perserverant and woudn't let any balls just get away. I played singles, and would run my opponent ragid. I ended up going to State last year and got a 14-1 record. However, now that highschool sports is over, I often get minor post traumatic stress passing the old towns we used to play in or seeing pictures. It caused a lot of stress on me. However, it taught me so much. Now that sports is over, I need to find some way to channel my aggression, as well as keep in shape. I usually just run, talk walks, or play Wii Dance now.

I guess you can say I go through phases of what I do in my spare time, where I'll be nearly obsessed with something and tire myself out with it, then moving on to something else. Eventually though, that same hobby will reoccur and the cycle starts over. My main hobbies are drawing, reading, playing DS, practicing hiragana/katakana and studying Japanese, making YouTube videos, cooking, and playing the guitar. The amount of time that I spend doing each of them however varies a lot depending on what I'm doing. The bass guitar is my personal favorite, however I don't dedicate nearly enough time to it to be good. I'll play for awhile, like a couple months, then I'll fall out of it like a wet firework. I assume I'll get back into it again here once I find the inspiration too.

My Youtube channel is EWilsonLife if you want to check that out. I post videos there sometimes, so if you just happen to be here and are bored enough to watch some videos on me go check it out.

Hmm, let's see, I feel like telling you more, I'm not doing anything else anyway...

I eat pretty healthy. Right now I am on a diet, trying to lose 10 lbs. I'm not considered overweight, however I feel like I would be more comfortable in my own skin if I do so. It's also a personal challenge to see if I'd be able to do it. Rejecting the many cravings that come in a given day can be hard, which when I was doing sports I would just eat because I was burning so many calories. Today, I'm more sedentary because I spend a lot more time with academics than anything, so I have to watch what I eat. I pack bento boxes and cook fresh food, which has been working very well for me. I also drink tea. Above is a picture of one of my bento boxes. Actually, it was the one I ate today. :) And if you don't know what a bento box is I will tell you LOTS about them in later entries.

There! That should be a good start.

☆ yours
emily




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks