Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cists hurt & Andy's party.

First the happy stuff, because I don't want this all to be a pity party.

Last night was a GREAT night! I got to do everything I wanted too: Started my claymation project, spend time with David, and went to Andy's unbirthday. Actually, it was technically his friend Joe's birthday... Joe, I think... shoot. So bad with names. This picture wasn't taken from Andy's party, but this is a picture of Andy (in the white shirt), his girlfriend Michelle, and a couple other guys that I believe were at his party. 
I was the youngest one there, which was like the last two parties I've been to that Andy has invited me too. I wasn't just the youngest though, aside from Michelle I was by far the youngest. One woman there I believe was only a couple years younger then my mom. Regardless, I expained to them that: A) I am Andy's friend from Sociology, and B) I don't drink and they don't have to worry about anything. The people there were AWESOME. Seriously, some of the most awesome, open minded people I've talked too. We talked about-- everything. stuff that I couldn't normally talk to about. I think the fact that they were strangers to me, and very comfortable with eachother, made it easier to talk to them. Michelle is a really cool person, I can definately see why Andy loves her. She is so cool.

Skin Color and Political Correctness Rant: 

Honestly, she's one of the only African American people I know besides Stephanie's boyfriend, isn't that strange? Andy and Michelle said it's okay to say 'black', but I don't just because I don't want to offend anyone. I said to Michelle, "I'm really horrible at recognizing people...", after talking about how I thought I'd seen Andy's son, "So if I saw an.... African American girl in Wal Mart with your hair style and physique from the back it would probably take me until I was about three or four feet away before I'd recognize if it was you or not." She thought it was funny. I just imagined saying 'black' and then someone telling me to leave, so I decided to play it safe. I know some hispanic people get offendid if you say Mexicans, though... Mexicans come from Mexico. Asians come from Asia. Why be offendid? "Black" however is a skin color, having nothing to do with your origin. I would never call a hispanic person "That brown person", yet I wouldn't be offendid if someone called me white. This is a very hard one to wrap your head around. I think I'll always just play it safe and say "African american" and "Hispanic".

Anyway...
Back to talking about the party. I met this one guy that is a diagnosed sociopath, and he told me about his experiences and how he's learned to be in main stream society. I discussed one of my sort-of ex's, and described how me and my friend Robert thought for sure he was a sociopath based on the fact that he was cold, emotionless (aside from anger), saw the point in nothing, and seemed to never be happy. He dreaded any sort of commitment, and spent hours on end playing stupid World of Warcraft. He was rude to his friends, and never seemed offendid. He was painfully stubborn. However, though he had no initiative to do anything, was very intellegent. This is practically EXACTLY what this guy said he was like as a teenager. He said that joy and saddness do not come naturally to him, and had to 'act' this emotion so that he did not stand out as being a freak.
I now wonder what happened to this kid. But I don't really care. He's definately a person that I do not realize WHY I've "liked" and is a perfect example of the kind of person that I shouldn't hurt myself with.

Overall, I really had fun at Andy's party. I'm glad I went. I debated going because of how I felt that night but Andy's friends are genuinely good people and I'm happy I met them.

Now here comes the depressing stuff...
I showed up at Andy's party at around 9' and had to leave at 11'. I was the first one to leave, but then I realized how happy I am that I did because they would of had a very miserable girl on their hands that couldn't leave and that would be a real downer on the party.
My ovaries were in very incredible pain last night. As you guys know, I had a cist discovered recently, and it hurt like a mother last night. I knew when I was sitting on a barstool that as my lower  groin became less of a soreness and more of a stabbing pain that I had to leave. On my way home I felt light headed, and it was hard to drive. The pain got worse and worse, and by the time I got home I was groaning in pain. I went into the kitchen and took a huge ibyprophin, and got in the bath. In the bath I started to feel better, though became very hot. Then I got out and was extremely cold.

After getting my pjs on, I thought I would be okay as I got very tired and the pain seemed to cease temporarily. I got into bed and tried playing my gameboy, unable to see clearly because of the medication. I went to sleep, comfortable under the amount of blankets (which isn't much, just enough. More spring amount of blankets then winter). Two hours later, I was woken up by being drenched in sweat. I was hot as hell, and tried to drink some water but my sore throat made it hard to bear. I got out from under the covers, pulled Miranda close, and started to get cold again. So I couldn't find a happy medium. I'd put on a small blanket, and it would get covered in sweat, then take it off and get cold. My bed was all sweaty and nasty, and I considered sleeping in the living room...

So here it is, morning. I slept in until about 12', and got up knowing I needed to work on my claymation project. I'm feeling a little bit better because I took medications. I had to really force these down to get rid of the sore throat, which would then enable me to eat, which would help the nausea. I am proud to say that I consumed a burrito, a big glass of water and two peanut butter cookies. I feel so much better with some food in my system. I miss enjoying food.

yours,
Emily

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about saying "black," though pretty much everyone, including all of the black people I know, says it's totally fine. It's really hard to decide whether or not to say it in my articles. I recently wrote one on MLK day and there was this guy who was leading a march on campus. The sentence sounded better to day "A tall black man walked to the front of the crowd," but instead I used African-American. I don't know, I guess it's more important on what you use in the newspaper, since you might offend more people.
    A note on saying "hispanic:" you're ALWAYS safer to say this instead of "Mexican." All Mexicans are Hispanic, but not all Hispanics are Mexican. Hispanic includes anyone from South America that speaks Spanish, which is why some people get offended, usually those who are not Mexican. And the reason that Mexicans get offended when you use "mexican" is because with all of the new immigration issues coming up, "mexican" is kinda the new n-word, though I really don't see it that way, but maybe I would if I was Mexican.

    ReplyDelete

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks