Wednesday, February 16, 2011

RadCon Plans, and EVERY HOTEL I'VE BEEN TOO...

RadCon is coming! YAY.
I'm excited because Leah, Mark, Michael and I are all going to hang out together there and I'm going to wear the school girl outfit on saturday.

This one. Isn't it cute? I'm borrowing Katharine's cheer skirt again, and if I'm lucky, maybe my arms have thinned out a bit since this picture was taken and it won't be so freakishly tight. Ehh, unlikely. This thing is really tight and it's sort of hard to move around because the fabric is tough. I should probably bring some backup clothes just in case. I'll also make sure to take a ton of pictures and video.

Leah is going to be wearing a plaid, red skirt. I fear that my costume might be a little bit more "Costume-y" then her's. I'm nervous about standing out as a dork-- but I'm pretty sure a lot of people there are going to be cosplaying, so it's not a big deal. I'm wondering how I should wear my hair, too. I'm thinking two low ponytails.We're gonna look really cute. : )

Today the guy who I'm kind of crushing on gave me a highfive and hit my hand really too hard and I walked off. I don't really think he's noticed me at all, but Mark said that he TOLD him that I think he's hot-- which is weird and I didn't tell him to do that but he did anyway. I really don't want to come off as a complete weirdo, but luckily he's pretty nerdy himself so he probably won't judge for me cosplaying if he's going on saturday.

People are going to be selling a lot of weird nik-naks and stuff there. I need to really avoid buying random junk if I want to avoid losing all my money. I can just imagine the cute stuff that's going to be there though. Why is saving so hard?

Michael and Leah are disappointed that we aren't going to a hotel. But I say why would we go to a hotel if the hotel that rad con is going to be at is right across the road from our school? Seems a little pointless. He said it's because the rave is at 2 am and it sucks driving home. For some reason though I am so anti the hotel idea, and then I realized why...
In the past two years, I've gotten sick THREE times at hotels! YES, THREE. Two summers ago on my family's way back from California with the stomach flu, dragging myself across the La Grande Best Western room floor to get to the toilet to puke my guts out. This was seriously the worst day of my life. Then at the end of this last summer when I had gone to that hotel party and drank taquila and barfing all morning, too embarrised to call my parents that I had to call Chad to pick me up. Then just a month ago when Michael was here when I got food poisoning in Seattle. I now HATE hotels. Apparently they make me sick. haha
yours,
Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks