Monday, February 21, 2011

Budget-- Week 2, How I intend to not spend any money this week.

I didn't do as well as I would of liked to this last week with my budget. I intended to spend as little money as possible, but with the con I spent $100 this week. I started this week with $450, but had to spend money at the con (the enter fee of $35, one meal there, and withdrew $20 which hasn't gone through yet that I used for a little spending money, plus some gas money). Yesterday, I got paid for my week for babysitting this weekend, and put away $60. According to Sterling's, I have $421 in my bank account, but this was before I spent $10 on a battery charger (this week's 'splurge').

Overall, I now have about $400, depending on if the ATM withdraw has gone through yet or not. 

 That is $50 less than I had last week! Obviously, the con was expensive, and it was totally worth the fees, but it's time to really crack down and try to spend as little money as possible.

This week's inevitable expenses:
-$20 on gas to get back and forth to school. Only twenty dollars because it is a three day week.
-Will probably spend about $5-6 on coffee, realistically.

I will make $70 babysitting this weekend, as I'm working 14 hours. If my parents pay for gas, which I'm sure they will be happy to do because I haven't asked them for ANY money for this con situation, next week's balance should be $450-$470. This is IF I don't spend any money. I need a plan to do so...

1. Make a bento box for myself for lunch every day. It's just three days, there should be enough food around the house to make some good lunches if I'm creative. All I really need is rice, chicken, and whatever side I feel like having and I'm good to go. 
2. Try to avoid driving random places. This means sort of putting my social life aside and hanging out with people at school instead of driving around places to hang out. Because really, I can't afford to be taking trips over to Leah's house all the way in Kennewick for awhile.
3. Avoid frivolous purchases! The cost of 5 hour energy and coffee adds up pretty fast. I need to be prepared and pack stuff from home, like fill up a reusable bottle of water instead of buying it from a vending machine.  
4. Ask parents money for gas earlier then when I'm just going out the door, it pisses them off and then I'll have to buy it myself.
That's pretty much it. It still pisses me off that my sister has a job now and I don't. What happened was, the guy from Daddy O's asked my Mom if she knew anyone that could be a backup cashier, and she told him that my SISTER could do it. I was like, wow, after I've been looking for a job for a couple months you recommended my stupid 16 year old sister who doesn't even NEED money for anything except for stupid Rockstar energy drinks. It makes me want to tear my hair out. I do have a job babysitting, but I'm still very available hours wise. I'm just annoyed that this would of been a perfect job opportunity for me and my mom recommended my sister. I don't want to talk about it anymore.

yours,
Emily

1 comment:

  1. I knew they wanted someone on the weekends and the last I heard, you'd secured a weekend gig, so I didn't think you were available. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks