Thursday, February 3, 2011

鬼は外! 福は内!

Today we did the funniest thing in Japanese class today. We learned about this ritual in Japan that they do today where one person dresses like an ogre and little kids throw soybeans at them yelling "鬼は外", or Ogre stay out! And then they pick up the soybeans, and throw them back in the house saying " 福は内" or "luck stay in". We did this in class, throwing peanuts at sensee, picking them up, and then throwing the peanuts back in the classroom. It was the most hilarious and fulfilling thing I've done in awhile, haha. This is why Japanese class is fun though, it's not bland and scary like Spanish class was in highschool.


I'm so hungry. And it does not help that we just watched something on convience store onigiri which sounds soooo good. I don't think the Vietnamese store in town would have it, but I'm thinking about going there to get a snack of some kind because I'm starving. I really need to get home though because I don't know how much money is in my bank account and I don't want to accidently overdraw it. My parents gave me $50 for when they're gone, and of course I left it home. I think I just need to go home, make myself some onigiri there, and not spend any money. That is the right thing to do.

My internet is down at home, and will be until saturday. I have no way of knowing if my mom turned my phone back on, so I'm very very isolated at home. Me and leah are planning on getting together this weekend-- leah being a new friend of mine from my Japanese class. I am scared that we are going to not be able to make plans if I go home because nobody can call me or get ahold of me on facebook. This. Sucks. Big time. My mom said that she wants my phone on while they're away though, and promissed that she'd turn it back on "in the next 24 hours" (*she said this yesterday). No luck yet though. I hope she does.

Yours,
emily




1 comment:

  1. 節分に豆を食べました。
    You might already know about it,bacialy we eat 豆 as same as the age.
    日本の習慣を楽しんでくれてありがとう!

    ReplyDelete

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks