Sunday, February 13, 2011

お金 B U D G E T. Weekly Splurge.

I spent all weekend babysitting.
The writing in this entry might be kind of sloppy because my sister has the f'ing TV on in the background. I hate the TV so much, I can't even explain it. It's aimless noise. she's not even WATCHING it.
I got a job as a nanny for Chad and Carmin on a weekly basis, and I'll get paid about $5/h, so about $30 a day. That's good for me because it's not hard, it doesn't mess with my schooling, and it gives me a little bit of spending money. So yesterday from 7:45-3 PM I watched Tori, and then I went to a friend of Carmin's to babysit her kids right after. Then this morning I went back to Carmin's after taking a shower and watched Tori till 2'. So this was a back to back babysitting weekend, and I made $100. My mom owed me $80 for buying a router with my card, and paid me back today as well, so I finally got to put some money away.

I now have $450.00. At Wal Mart I did a weekly splurge after I put $160 away. This was a $30 splurge on things that I want, and this will keep me from buying other things this week. I've gotta stay strong and save my best.

You might be wondering what I'm saving for. I swore to myself that this year I'd get a real job, but going to school full time and having a job is difficult. School is my number on priority. I have to get good grades to feel successful, and in order to do so I need sleep and time to study. With a job, I could be potentially going straight from school to work and being too exausted to get a chance to study.

Therefore, I have to try to save as much money as I can with the money that I make from babysitting so that I have a fallback if I have as hard as a time as I do now making money as I do when I get up to Central. Because it is HARD for me to find a job, mainly out of my time constraints, as well as a bit of social anxiety.  This anxiety eliminates certain jobs such as working fast food immediately because I feel that people would judge me if they saw me working there. I also would not be around fatty foods all day because I try to avoid eating fast food as much as possible. I think it would literally make me sick to be in that environment every day. This anxiety also makes little things hard, like calling a business back after submitting a job application. I don't know why, but that makes me nervous.

People in general have been making me nervous lately. I feel like I'm continually disappointing people, and it's frustrating. I can't please everyone, but I make stupid mistakes. Like last night when I was babysitting for this woman Summer, she wanted to get ahold of me to ask how things were going. I left my phone off (silent) because I wanted to pay attention to the kids instead of text-- and honestly, I'm not a big cell phone person anyway. I didn't check my phone until 12 am. She came home at 2. I was freaking out because I thought she was going to come in and yell at me because I got a text from Carmin asking how everything was AND from Chad. They were all trying to get ahold of me, and I just felt awful that I didn't pick up my phone. In this situation, I should at least have my phone's ringer on, but I was dumb and had it on silent. Luckily, she said it was okay, thank God.


One more thing about Summer. She has probably the greatest tea stash I've ever seen. This woman has a big tuperwear box with Stash tea, raspberry tea, apple spice, calming tea, lemon zest... everything. Every time I go there I carefully search through the box to find one that looks amazing. Last night I had a raspberry one (making sure she had multiple packets in there), and when I put it in the hot water to steep the water literally looked like blood. o_o It tasted really good though, and I wish I knew what the brand was. It was the best tea I've ever had.
RASPBERRY ZINGER TEA. I messaged her and asked what kind it was, and she told me the brand. Now I can get some.

Anyway, here is what I bought today with my small weekly splurge:
-Bath sponge, $1. To go with..
-Softsoap Bodywash in Coconut, $3
-Gum, $1
-Cassette adapter for my car to plug in my MP3 player. My last one broke. $10
-Revlon Photo Ready Foundation, $9.98

So I spent about $30 of the money that I earned this weekend. I intend to not spend any money this week by packing lunches for myself and my parents are going to help me with gasoline. Lets see how this works. I really hope I can withstand the urge to spend money on food, 5 hour energy, coffee, etc.

Yours,
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks