Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Differences with my sister that make life easier. New friends. わたしのクラス~S P R I N G

It's funny. It's barely even midterms and everyone's already registered for Spring quarter. Well, not everyone, but people that are on top of it and want to make sure they aren't going to take a shitty professor.
This spring is going to be the one I am dreading-- the Math quarter. If I do this right, I'll be good to go for math for my AA. If I fail, I'm going to be set back at least two quarters and I'd undoubtably have to transfer without having my AA. I really, really want to accomplish my goal and get my AA before I get out of here. It's been a struggle, seeing everyone leave and I'm still here living with my parents. I feel like it's the smart move though because I am going to be going into Central as a Junior and I'll be saving a lot of money this way. I'll only be twenty when I go. I really don't know what the huge rush is. I'm not going to be in a huge rush when I get up there, but here I'd really like to get done because living with my family gets harder and harder.

Can we get any more opposite? Really.... It was even more so when I used to wear band shirts everyday, but I've sort of decided to be more of a girl now. Regardless, our style is totally different. That's alright with me though.
And it's not that me and my parents have a bad relationship. The relationship with my sister can get pretty bad, considering that I chucked her cell phone at her chest the other day and made her cry, but she was egging me on. Regardless, me and my sister sometimes get along. Basically, our relationship is like this: About 75% of the time we don't make contact what so ever, she does her thing, I do mine. We stay away from eachother. 10% of the time we're actually making contact, and talking to eachother-- talking, not screaming. Getting along well. The other 5% of the time we're pissed as fuck at eachother and I want to kick her ass and she wants to make my life miserable by telling my parents exagerated stories about what I've done. So our relationship isn't perfect, but I'd much rather mind my own business and have us live in the same household without really minding eachother's existance most of the time then fighting. We can do this because we don't have many similar interests. My sister doesn't want any of my stuff-- she's not going to come into my room and steal my bento box accessories, clay, nintendo DS, etc.... And I don't want to steal any of her stuff. I mean I don't know whats in there but I assume it's nothing I'd want. So everything is okay for the most part.

Me and my parent's relationship has gradually gotten worse though, prodominantly with my Dad. I just feel like he thinks I'm using him or something because I ask him for gas money, but what he doesn't realize is that I very rarely spend any money on anything except for gas, and the money is just used for getting to school and back... and then he doesn't realize why I am broke all the time. Because ALL the money I get from anything goes straight to my stupid gas tank! But I don't want to talk to my dad about it because any time that I try to talk to him he just yells at me or goes "What? What? What?" like I'm interogating him. My dad is impossible to have a conversation with, typically, unless you catch him while he's giving you a ride somewhere, and even then it's pretty hard.

My relationship with my mom is good, though she's not thrilled with my music taste. I'm sorry that I don't like stupid, happy shit like "Hey Soul Sister"-- which I swear to God I hear once a day in my house. Or Glee. Fucking Glee. And this is what makes my mom mad, is because I'm so negative to her and my sister's music and hobby interest. But I can't help it. You guys know me, I'm stubborn as a mule. I'm so set on my own taste. Therefore, I have really been trying to keep my mouth shut when my mom and sister are listening to their preppy, melodic, happy music and talking about cheerleading. Because I think of it this way-- God I would hate it even MORE if they liked what I liked! I would just DIE if my mom was like, "Omg Mein Tiel I love this song!! Omg Don't Tread on Me is my favorite song EVER Emily turn up your music!!" Or if my sister was like, "Lets listen to J-pop Emily!! oo kawaii desu desu" (oh god oh god... thank the LORD Avery's not a japanese culture fan. There's only room enough in my house for one of us).

Yeah, you guys get the point. The only thing that I wish my sister would do that I do (or did, I should say.. haven't played in awhile) is tennis. I think she'd be good at it because she's calm and collected with good hand-eye coordination from cheer, and it'd be funny to scare the shit out of Nikki Kearns. I mean, not that Avery would be first seat singles sophomore year like I was (even if I lost nearly everything hahahaha) when she's never played... Buuuuut she should still try it. I mean she's not doing anything else in the spring.

Let's change the subject right quick, because I have to go.

I had a quiz today in Japanese, and sensee choose words that I didn't know. For the first time, I'm possitive I did not get an A on this test. I got a 60%... at best, because she chose words that we literally have not used in class at all. They were on the vocab list, but I didn't study them. I was totally screwed. But not as screwed as other people... I mean the kid next to me had like nothing on his paper for 15 minutes, but he never shows up to class. He has amazing long hair, just thought I'd throw that out there.

I also want to say that I'm so happy because I have a new friend. I don't know if I mentioned her earlier, but her name is Leah. We started talking in Japanese and we've become pretty much instant friends. We have a ton of the same interests and she's loud and spontanious like me. She likes a game called Dokapon that is supposed to destroy friendships, haha, and we played it for like 2 hours the other day. I had to stop because I was getting peeved at it. That game is... so hard. I mean it looks like a kid game, but it's really difficult and the game continually trolls you.

Honestly, I can say now that having a new friend-- especially a girl, is much more exciting to me then having a new boyfriend. The reason being, I don't have to worry about drama (because we're old enough now that drama should be a minimal...), and I don't have to worry about a girl falling for me. Not saying that there is anything wrong with someone falling for me, but it's nice to hang out with someone and not have to feel awkward about it. I've been friends with guys in the past, and the only one that has really remained my good friend that isn't gay is Robert (who has been there for me for an incredible amount of shit). And when I say friend I don't just mean someone I've recently met or someone I rarely see but still consider my friend.

I love Katharine and Katelynn with all my heart, and nobody is going to ever replace them. They are my best friends, and have been there for me when others haven't and I've had insanely fun times with both of them. But you can't have too many friends, and when one friend is living a few hours away and the other is a slave to wal mart, it's nice to have someone to hang out with and meet new people that are going to school with me.

Wow. This blog entry is getting long as Hell. All I really wanted to say in this is that I'm registered for spring quarter. I'm taking Jogging, Drugs in Health, Math 95 and Japanese III. Yaay. Ha ha.

yours,
Emily

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know somebody reads the whooole thing. Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks