Sunday, February 20, 2011

☆★RadCon Day 1 Experience: Raving, apologies, CANDY☆★


★★★FUN WEEKEND★★★

But I'm sorta happy it's over because it's had its off moments. The first day was definately the best. It's hard to really know where to begin in talking about this without being all over the place, but I'll try my best.

Day One:

The day started off a little slow, waiting in line for two hours. I talked to Collin, who was apparently going to get drunk tonight with his friends, which seemed pretty fun. I soon realized that THAT is why people got hotel rooms-- to get drunk and not have to go home afterward. So I'll make sure to have to go to Radcon again when I'm 21. Will I go next year? Ehh probably not, I'll be up at Central by then in my first quarter. So I'll probably have a lot going on, and not much money to throw away.
Briefly after getting my ticket, I'd lost my group (Leah, Michael, and Mark). I walked around with Collin and his friends for a bit, getting a little tour. It seemed like any other con-- lots of rooms of people playing card games or rpgs of some kind, and video game rooms with games that I'm not interested in playing. The fun part is the fact that there were going to be 1000+ people there, a lot of which I go or went to school with, so it was cool to catch up with people. I didn't even have a schedule on me, all I knew is that I wanted to go to the rave at 10 pm. I got there on Friday at about 5, and got my ticket at 7' pm.

I soon met up with Leah, Michael, Mark and Tomas. We walked around, rather aimlessly, checking out the shops in the hotel rooms as well as this big bizaar of shops that reminded me a bit of the sance fair. Mark bought a necklace with a frog on it for $8, and it's very adorable. He said he's just going to wear it for the con, but I think he should wear it to school because it's not feminine or anything.


This is me hiding from Samantha and Shawn because I was going to sneak up on them when they came around the corner. They didn't come close enough though so I decided to just talk to them without making Samantha scream, haha.

Samantha was wearing a beautiful kimono that actually comes from Thailand. I thought it was lovely. She was going to cosplay with Shawn, but apparently his costume didn't come in the mail. That sucked because they've been planning for like 2 months.
I sort of threw both of my "Costumes" together. The first day I wore the rainbow necklace, rainbow knee length socks, black converse, and green Sophie's shorts. I think it looked really cute, and looked hot at the Rave. The second day was a closet costume, where I wore a plaid skirt, one of my Mom's shirts that just happen to have ruffles, and my hair in two ponytails with the accessories that I got at Uwajimaya. I thought it was very cute on both days, even if the first day was a little skanky because the Sophie's showed off my donk a little too much. haha

At the Rave I danced with Rhiannon and her friend (can't remember her name, but she was really awesome and I wish I did!), along with Abby and her friend Nathan, Rhiannon's sister Gillian and whoever else came in and out of our group. We partied hard! We danced for like almost every song, except a few where we took a break and drank water. We all got really sweaty and yucky but it was amazing regardless. I also made this friend named Shelden who I saw in a slideshow in Japanese class. He was really funny, but doesn't go to cbc anymore and is working with Collin (Collin from Japanese class, not the one I partied with at Kinbri's way back when...)

I wish I had pictures from the Rave, but that would of been impossible to take in there. I was wearing a ton of glowsticks. Leah was pretty generous with them. I actually only saw Leah and my group once or twice at the con, and they didn't really want to dance with the group of friends from school that I was dancing with.

I apologized to Nikki Kearns for the terrible things I've said in the past. What inspired me to do this? Well, I've matured, and I now realize that the only reason that I hated her so much is because she was competition to me. It's funny, last night when I told my mom about this, I imagine if who I  was a couple years ago was sitting next to me was sitting there she would want to rip my head off for doing this. Because it was not all one sided. Nikki had power, and she used it to cry to the coaches and get me into trouble. And she knew what she was doing. BUT THAT is all behind both of us now. Last year she didn't play tennis. Yes, I probably would of done well anyway, but I might of not had an undefeated season because we would of been switching back and forth between first and second seat and it would of messed up my rankings. She, in a sense, did me a favor. She didn't want to play because she didn't want to deal with me, and now that i'm gone I wish her good luck-- seriously, I do.
She was at the Con because she is dating Austin, who was there with Ryan and Kelvin, who I sat talking too for about an hour. Originally I told Austin to tell Nikki, but then when I saw her I decided to tell her myself. I really thought I wouldn't be able to do it, but I think it reflects well back on me to be able to put the past highschool drama and sports behind me. It feels really good to get that off my chest, not only because of a clearer concious, but that I see her and her family all the time.

The only real downer about the con was that there wasn't much going on at any given time. Maybe there was more going on in the morning, but between the time that I got there and the rave, it seemed more or less people were just walking around. Fine with me though, I got to catch up with a lot of people that I haven't seen in a long time.

yours,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks