Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm having a party!! ...And I'm scared shitless! o___o lol

I'm going to throw an end of the quarter party for anyone that is currently enrolled in Japanese, has taken Japanese in the past or is in the Japanese club. I'm also letting people bring their bfs/gfs if they want too. I would let people "bring whoever they want", but because I'm going to be inviting a lot of people, I just want to keep it to whoever is in or was in the Japanese program. This is gonna be really fun, hopefully! I'm nervous and excited. I already wrote up the invites, and got an o-kay from my mom. Because it's going to be here though, allll the way in bum f*cked egypt-- aka 20 minutes away from where everyone else is, it's good to invite a good amount of people so I have a better chance of a good turn out. 
I'm going to have Katelynn help me set up and get things ready.. she knows parties better than I do, haha. We're gonna have Wii, rockband, a bunch of food, and a bonfire going outside. I'm scared, I've never thrown a party before and I don't want it to be lame. But the people in my class and in the japanese program are generally pretty nice, so it'll be fun. The more people that show up, the less awkward in my opinion. 

I'm not intending there to be alcohol just to avoid problems...

I am planning on having the party from 7-1 am or so. To anyone that's reading this, what do you think? Does this sound like a good idea? I'm always just nervous that nobody is going to show up. So I'm going to distribute invites really early and make a facebook page so everyone knows the info and might be able to call in to work and reschedule or something. Sean is funny, he's like "I can't cause I gotta work till 6..." Ha ha ha, a day party. XD
My mom is really good at hosting though, and she'll help me I'm sure. The invites are already super cute. <3 

That's all I had to say.

yours,
Emily

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a good idea. Definitely make it a private event on facebook though and make sure that you're the only one that can invite people. You don't want Four Loko madness! Lol, oh wait, that's just Central freshman...

    ReplyDelete

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks