Thursday, September 27, 2012

Noise discretion has never been my strong suit



So apparently my clumsiness and constant activity around this apartment earned a complaint from our downstairs neighbors. I feel bad because I know it's my fault, she said I wake them up at 6 in the morning because of the footsteps. I've really got to be more conscious of how I'm behaving in the morning so that I'm not making so much noise. I need to start learning to be more cautious.

Correction, I wrote this last night after a couple glasses of wine: I don't really care, my academic needs are much more important than my neighbor's ability to sleep in. I'll try to walk more quietly but there's nothing I can do, they're just going to have to deal with hearing footsteps at 6 AM because it's not like I can change that. 



My new friend Wei Li had a dinner party where they made traditional Chinese food. First of all, let me say I was incredibly flattered to have such a big dinner cooked for my company, secondly, there's a lot of stereotypes that aren't true. I was able to ask a lot of questions about their culture and how they are liking it in America. They were pretty surprised how much I knew about Chinese culture, and I guess Asian cultures in general. Thanks YouTube for broadening my perspective on life.

I met a guy named Patrick whose 25 and spending his last year at Central before he graduates. He's cool, he's taking linear algebra like Jason is. I haven't heard from Jason all day. Patrick said he'd be willing to help me out with math too, I really just need a one on one tutor... He's majoring in electrical engineering. Blegh, why anyone would want to do that is incomprehensible to me. I just need to get through this math class, go with the flow and try not to get too stressed out but still work hard.

I drank some wine with dinner, I'm actually feeling sort of tipsy. Wine really drains me.

peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks