Thursday, October 27, 2011

Adoption from Armenia

Hey all. I'm in the library right now, FINALLY got to upload those drawings that I've done over the past few months.

 About half of the Armenian population is under the poverty line.

Today I read when I was randomly browsing around that adoption from Tajikistan is forbidden unless you're a citizen, which means that it's no longer a country that I'm considering adopting from someday. That being said, I think I'm sticking with Armenia to adopt my first child. http://adopt-abroad.com/armenia.htm <-Where I got information about it. I've also considered other countries, too.

When I'm 26 years old and settled in a career, I intend on adopting, whether I'm married or not. My plan is that I hope to someday have three kids, one that's biologically related to me and the other two adopted. I'm still on the fence about actually having one, though, but I know for sure that I want to adopt abroad. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to adopt one boy and one girl.

I've always seen myself adopting instead of having kids. I don't know why, but it's always struck me as being a better idea. I think the main reason that people have kids is because of the natural instinct to pass on their own genes, but personally I've never felt a need to do that. In fact, I would be afraid of passing on my genes. I live with anger problems, depression and anxiety every day-- something that was passed down from BOTH sides of my family (my Dad, my Grandpa, my Mom's Dad,... all have/had the same problems that I do in one way or another). I wouldn't want to pass that on to a perfect child and have them have to live through the Hell that I've put myself through. This is why I honestly think having children is not for me, and I hope that someday whoever I get married to can accept that. That's why I wrote "whether I'm married or not," because it's something that I'm DEFINITELY going to do.  

Maybe it's weird that I'm thinking about this now, but I'm twenty so I guess six years isn't that far away. And with all of the people that I know that are either pregnant or having kids, it's been on my mind. I'm of course not thinking about wanting kids now, though. 

I should really be studying... I was planning on doing a lot of Japanese homework today but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm happy it's the weekend now, and that I have the night to myself. Tomorrow I have to work (and on Saturday) but I still have a lot of time to get caught up with all my Japanese work and study for my math test. I need to try not to procrastinate that bad. Suddenly, though, I feel too light headed to study or get any work done. I'll probably just go home and play the sims for awhile. The house is all clean from last night because I thought me and Ryan were gonna be hanging out but then that didn't end up happening. I didn't really care though, at least the house was clean. 

Alrighty well, I'm gonna wrap this up.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks