Sunday, May 1, 2011

Officially May, my favorite month of the year!

Yet at this point it's the most intimidating month because of my classes this quarter.

 If I can just get through Japanese this quarter, I'll have the whole summer to brush up on my skills as well as learn the last chapters in the book that we didn't get to. The reason being is, I don't know if I'll be at CBC next fall. My parents want me out of the house after the summer, but I really want to get my AA. I'm just so freakin close. Plus, if I DO take japanese next fall, I'll be officially ready for University level 2nd year Japanese. In most colleges, they use the Genki books as well, however they do four chapters a quarter instead of three. However, because sensee felt she was rushed when doing it this way, she decided to do only three chapters per quarter. So if I were to transfer, I'd probably have to do Japanese III all over again... no thanks.

I surprisingly woke up early this morning, at around 9'. I got up and ate some whole wheat cheerios, drank my coffee, and now I'm wondering how I can make the most of my day today. Though I don't have as much homework as I usually do, if I do a lot of studying and work ahead a bit, I'll set the stage for a better week.

I'm going to try to be a pescatarian!

I know it sounds crazy, and very unlike me, but I'm going to do it for a week and see how I feel. Above you actually see the Okinawa food pyramid, which is almost identical to what I'll be doing. I want to go on a diet that can help my skin and hair, as well as help me lose weight. I really don't *like* chicken and beef, but cutting ham is going to be a bit more difficult.

My diet will include milk, because most vegetarians consume milk because it doesn't harm the cow particularily. I really don't care much about animal rights, to be honest, but if I do go along with this, it'll be part of the package. If I continue to buy fresh produce on a weekly basis, I should be able to consume as much as this food pyramid calls for. Leafy greens are fantastic for the skin and hair, and I really like spinach so that shouldn't be too hard for me.

We'll just see how this works out.

Today for breakfast I had:
-Whole wheat cheerios
-1% milk
-Coffee

For Lunch I'll have:
-Spinach salad with tomatos, carrots, and crutons
-Buttered toast
-Hot tea

For dinner I'll have:
-Salmon onigiri and miso soup
-Diet coke

Snack: Almonds

Lets see how well I can do this. :) I scored a bunch of frozen salmon at Fred Meyer yesterday. I did a bunch of grocery shopping and scored lots of delcious goodies. I managed to keep it under $100, and got everything I'll need for at least a week and a half.

My goals for today are:
-Do my laundry
-Study Japanese for two hours (1 hour with book, 1 hour with DS game)
-Run a couple miles
-Do math homework
-Read chapter for drugs and health.
-Eat everything that I said I would eat on the list above.

yours,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks