Sunday, April 6, 2014

No excuses or turning back now


OKAY, first week of school, second to last quarter, no doubt going to be the hardest one I've ever taken.... Here we go.

Two of my three professors (Wassell and Carbaugh) I've already taken so I know their lecture style and class format pretty well (especially Carbaugh, I'm pretty sure this is the fourth class I've taken with him so there's no surprises there). My finance professor Becker seems cool, her teaching style is a LOT like Sipic's, tons of asking the class questions and trying to make them think for themselves. 

She's a tiny lady, like she reminds me of Aunt Cheryl because I doubt she weighs over 115 pounds. I can tell she's a really smart, no BS kind of professor, and I'm going to have to do a lot of studying to do well in her class. I have too.. This class might have scared me last quarter but this quarter I'm facing it head on. 

Thus far my time management has been alright, could be better. I've read the first chapters of forecasting and finance this week and looked over some of the homework. It usually takes me a little longer to get back into the swing of things. I was also able to write down everything that I needed to get done this week assignments wise and will start tackling those today. 

This last week I continued to do art when I found time and completed a few more drawings. Last night while lying in bed I thought it would be a good idea to make a separate facebook page to showcase my work. I figured an external location would be beneficial, especially if I continue to develop my small sole proprietorship where a person could pay $20 for a guaranteed drawing if they chose too. 


Here's a pic of Alex Lukyanov, my friend from Russia that I've known for years now. I'm starting to experiment more with clothes, backdrops and props.

Here's a link to my page: https://www.facebook.com/emilysportraitstudio

Well that's all I've gotta say for now. Today is going to be spent doing schoolwork mainly. I let Marshall out this morning and here it is 1 pm again and he's still not back. Turns out he literally goes to all of my neighbors houses and meows to get let in, which is crazy. Drives me nuts how fearless he is. Yet he always manages to come home... 




peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks