Saturday, May 9, 2015

We were robbed.


Afternoon everyone.

Well I've finally got a computer again. The last 3 weeks I've been using Jacob's computer which didn't allow me much free time with it. Who's Jacob? My new boyfriend who I'm now living with and have been for the past three weeks. Crazy? Yes. Regret it? No, it's been an awesome three weeks for the most part. Aside from the major setback that happened last night.

I guess it took something traumatic to happen to get me blogging again. The last entry I wrote was in the middle of a complete sh*t storm caused by meeting some blue collar dude at a party and making his ex girlfriend blow a f*cking cork because I was hitting on him. In hindsight I'm glad I didn't get a chance to meet him again because I might have fallen for someone who totally wasn't the right one for me in the first place.

Jacob and I met in micro class. He was sitting in the front corner during Gray's difficult lectures and I was sitting towards the back with my mouth shut at this point. I couldn't follow the math and the homework was getting harder and harder. It was at this point I came to Jacob and asked for help. We met later that day at the library, then went and got coffee, then kept hanging out from there. This weekend is the first time we are going to be apart since we met eachother, which is also crazy.

I'll tell you guys more about Jacob later. I want to get to the story of devastating news that has me so paralyzed by shock/disgust even to this minute. I know I need to clean the apartment and get work done but it's too easy to sit at the computer and keep an eye on Craigslist listings and network with people who might know something.


Here's a picture of Jacob. He took me out on a really nice date last night, we went to dinner and then saw Fiddler on the Roof which was really good because it was about Jewish people getting kicked out of Ukraine like our past relatives did. Jake is half Jewish and really spiritual. He's helped me get in touch with my own spirituality again and has been teaching me about the kabala. He's a total genius, too.. I'm so in love. ANYWAY.

The robbery story:

Last night when we got home the door to our apartment was WIDE open. There was garbage on the floor and drawers pulled out. Jacob's TV stand was pulled out from the wall and the TV was missing, along with his two xboxes, his sound card, all of his x box games, and laptop with all of his schoolwork from the past 5 months. He threw his shirt off in anger and stormed around in a rage.

Shortly after I noticed the prick took not just one but BOTH my guitars and my amplifier. Luckily they didn't take my big bulky old computer. I'm thankful I even have a computer. I lost my composure and started almost wailing when I saw my guitars were gone. But something stopped me from crying and the second Jacob told me to be quiet because he feels like breaking down. Because I realized that even if what I lost was sentimental to me, Jacob and Charlie lost so much more.

Charlie is Jacob's roommate. His room got hit the hardest.


His entire shoe collection was stolen, along with his emergency savings hidden in his sock drawer. 

The black is from the cops dusting for finger prints. Whoever did this was wearing gloves. These are career criminals that knew what they were doing and it's more than likely our stuff is getting pawned off and sold for drug money as I write this. But I can't dwell on the past. I have to be strong and create a better future for my boyfriend and I. I am going to do everything I can to find a part time job starting tomorrow. Today I'm going to get the apartment totally clean.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's avoid being rude and nasty, thanks